The project involves the construction of a shared-use path, approximately 2.5 miles long, along the former SEPTA Fox Chase-Newtown Railroad between County Line Road and Bristol Road in Upper Southampton Township, Bucks County as part of a county-wide Rails to Trails project. Bucks County has acquired a long-term lease with SEPTA for use of this right of way for the shared use path. The shared-use path will be 10-12' wide and located on the former railroad bed. Most of the shared-use path treadway will be a soft surface material (i.e., granular). Only the approaches to roadway crossings will be paved with an impervious material such as bituminous or concrete paving.
- 12 ft wide crushed stone multi-use path
- 2 1/2 miles in length from County Line Road to Bristol Road
- Parking improvements at Southampton Train Station
- New traffic signal at County Line Road and New Road to allow safe trail crossings
- Improved crosswalk at Second Street Pike and Knowles Avenue
- Future connection to Pennypack Trail (by Montgomery County)
- Parking and access to trails within Tamanend Park