Posted: 3/17/2017 8:37 AM
A Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Mandate prohibits curbside collection of Electronics (desktop computers, monitors, laptops, computer peripherals and televisions)
On January 24, 2013, a disposal ban on covered devises went into effect in Pennsylvania, making it illegal to dispose of a covered device (The term includes desktop computers, monitors, laptops, computer peripherals and televisions) with their municipal solid waste. These devices and their components must be properly recycled and may not be taken to, or accepted by, landfills or other solid waste disposal facilities for disposal.
The following recycle centers, retail and non profit outlets recycle electronic items. Other recycling centers will be posted as they become available.
- Shred One Security Corp. - www.shredone.com/dropoff - Huntingdon Glen Office Park, 1830 County Line Road, Suite 310, H.V., PA 19006, 215-364-2265, 20% discount for Southampton Residents with ID
- E--Waste Experts, Inc. - www.ewasteexperts.com, 416 Green Lane, Bristol, PA 19007, 877-328-2927, fee per lb. for certain items
- 611 Metals - 2509 Wyandotte Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090, 215-659-4200, fees may apply
- Best Buy - $25.00 fee - accepted at New Jersey locations only
- Goodwill - 10101 Bustleton Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19115 (Bustleton & Red Lion Rd), 215-961-2204 Please contact them for information, should be in working condition
It’s best to call ahead to confirm which electronic items are being accepted and when.
For more information on the Bucks County Planning Commission Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program, please visit their website at:
Other drop off events will be posted as they become available: